October 21, 2008

The Day from Bizarro-World

Today has been... just unreal.

1. The Field Mouse
Out cat Basil likes to act like a dog. He plays fetch ... a lot. I'm trying to work and toss him his little mouse and it's just getting distracting so I politely decline the next round of throw-retrieve.

I hear a high-pitched, unnatural sound, so I look down and the cat has brought me a real, live, very disoriented field mouse.
Not dead - very much aliiiive

I picked him up in a washcloth and held my breath to see if he had died in my hands. His little beating heart seemed to stop and he curled up with closed eyes. I turn to get a plastic bag.

With a little thump - he hurled his little body off the high kitchen table and made a break for the washing machine.
Mouse: 1 Veronica : 0

2. Alex's Car
Alex's car was stolen. Alex, who heads up the Out Reach Program from the Worcester Art Museum and so generously lends his time to underprivilleged kids - had his car stolen from the teacher parking lot of the worst school in Worcester.

Thanks, Belmont.

3. The Accident

I saw a kid get hit by a car today on my way home from the museum. It was awful.
He's okay, but he was disoriented and bleeding from the head. The guy who hit him, his windshield was completely smashed in. I couldn't tell if he was drunk or not, but he was visibly upset.

- In other news....
I've been working on a design to silkscreen onto tees for the POP opening!



feeling stressed

No comments:

Post a Comment