December 31, 2008

Happy Year of the Cow!

Andy was incredibly thoughtful and generous, as always; getting me a candy-coated Holga camera, a smattering of lovely vinyl toys, and Handi-snacks in my stocking.

Aiko & Yuriko sent me an amazing Shibuya 109 eco bag filled with magazines and flyers.
It was so generous; they included hakama + furisode kimono catalogs.

Noelle recently got me into the Mighty Boosh. If you haven't seen it and Little Britain or League of Gentlemen are your thing - you must check it out! As a birthday gift I made her these shoes, which are based on the opening title sequence.

Andy and I went to her birthday party this week. Theme: Dress Like Noelle, which I have to say was pretty boss since she's way stylish. I went as Mod as I could.

Every year we all say "I can't believe it's already a new year" and I'm just as guilty of that cliche'. It feels like only last week Andy and I were listening to Iggy Pop while driving 1300 miles to Iowa.

The snow outside is really lovely, and I'm currently positioning my easel in front of the windows.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

it's a new day!

PS Candy

Every year Andy and I make something ridiculous out of Reese's for my mom at Christmas.
This year it was Dorothy's house and the two little candy canes are the witch's stockings ...

7 comments:

  1. Such cute gifts! happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, i love that thing with the reeses.XDDD i'm guilty of that cliche too, i dunno, it's just like...mmm, you feel fresh with all the new year stuff.it's like a chance to make another year full of craziness without the aweful memories hunting you from previous years.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica, I hope you have a Happy New Year! :D Those are the cutest stocking-stuffers ever! & lol that little Reese's house is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year :D

    -phantom Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow a candy coated holga camera and vinyl toys!!! lucky you!!

    sounds like you had a lovely christmas.

    it's funny when i'm in the year sometimes it's slow but at the end of the year it feels like every just zoomed past.

    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i absolutely love those shoes !

    ReplyDelete
  7. H O L G A !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete