March 1, 2009

Sweet Meats Gallery Opening + Sketches

A recent sketch


Amanda Clarke

Jen Lewis


Andy and I went to Space 242's Sweet Meats & Sour Grapes opening this Friday in Boston. It was the quite excellent. One half of the duo show was Jennifer Lewis, a stellar artist whose works were in Pop Euphoria! this December.

We met up with lots of great people including Tak, who [or whom?] Andy's been telling me nice things about for a long time, and I finally got the chance to meet him. Bamcat came with her super cool acrylic heart necklaces [you should order one from her Etsy!] and Lindsay Small showed up with an AMAZING Totoro bag! [jealous]

SPACE 242 is a great space; Andy and I are very excited to be showing there ourselves this summer! {But that also means our schedule goes into OVERDRIVE as we furiously work for the next 3 months solid in preparation}


goodbye February - your rectangular perfection on my calendar was rare and beautiful.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

4 comments:

  1. love the sketch! man, see those pictures makes me want to head to chelsea and see if the galleries have anything good on display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sketch!
    So personalized! It makes me want to write a story about her haha.

    The cute painting in the second third picture of the little red riding hood is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to see you, even if I couldn't hear you very well! :D

    Thanks for the plug! I have a very tiny painting I've been wanting to give you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOOVE the sketch.
    i haven't been to a gallery for quite some time now.been toooo busy.ugh.

    ReplyDelete