April 5, 2009

You know it's SPRING when ...

... THESE happen :



My favorite things about April!

The windows are open, the apartment is clean and I'm working on lots of new paintings for the 242 show coming up this June. It would be perfect except for the tax filing part. But it's really lovely to finally see a warm blue sky after a 9 MONTH LONG Massachusetts winter. Seriously. It was 24 deg. back in November '08!

We went to a great show in Boston put together by our friend Bamcat. It was most excellent. Coincidentally, right across the city at Emerson, Andy was supposed to be a guest speaker for a panel, but they neglected to tell him - so we went out for Thai without a clue.



Alison's work

I picked up some more tiny plants for my smidgen of a garden, this time some edible plants. Basil + Chives. [Our cat's name is Basil, an ode to Sherlock Holme's actor Basil Rathbone.] So far they are looking pretty good {knock on wood} and I haven't managed to kill them!
I think Gallagher has a line about planting like
"If you water it and it dies, it's a plant, if you dig it up and it grows back, it's a weed."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Painting inside all day! Need to get out for a run with all this sunshine

5 comments:

  1. Those Reese's eggs are the best! And I love the flowers (my family called them Indian Paintbrushes, I have no idea what the real name is). Congrats on the being able to paint! Lucky you! I have to try painting again when school ends, I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for spring! I wore a dress today for the first time in like forever.

    Do you have any more pictures from the show? My mum's camera died before she could take any, and she was bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm i love reese's! but what the heck? how does somebody not inform someone that they want them to be a guest speaker? o.O people can be so weird. anyway those are such nice (spring) colors :) you'll show us when you're finished right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the planting quote... Yey for spring. I have missed not wearing so many layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that quote is funny
    u have a pretty blog, the photos are all so pretty too

    i like reese too! didnt know they have eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete