May 18, 2009

Mail Me Art 2

I sent a piece in to Darren for the Mail Me Art 2 Project. It's a bit of NES love.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Some fantastic kid chalk drawings outside the museum last week.
I suspect the one on the right is done by an adult ...

Andy and I are coming to the homestretch of our gallery show preparation. Matting, framing, glossing, spraying fixative - I'm excited our assistant Allison is coming to help with the process.
I'll post more about the show really soon.

I'm also currently building an online store for prints of my artwork, which I should have someone else do because I can tweak coding and design endlessly. More on that soon, too!

feeling absolutely terrible that we showed up at the wrong place to meet my dad and grandmother for breakfast, then missed them so she could catch her plane back to Des Moines.

11 comments:

  1. Ah I love the new layout! So nice and crisp. I've never heard of this Mail Me Art thing, it sounds really cool! And can't wait to see the images from your show and ooooo a print shop. Must. Save. Money. For. Cool. Prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica, you're talented no doubt. Is there a deeper message in the beautiful postcard you made? Without the console, why are genders controlling one another? Also, why are the cords coming out of the bottom of the NES controllers? (I know, I'm nit-picking!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh the postcard is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin - I'm glad you looked at it that way;
    I sketched the idea out with a TV and console, but something about the plain graphic line stuck with me. I hope the image is sweet enough to not make much sense, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, love the chalk drawings.

    i so envy you, you do art for a living.that's so cool.i can't wait to finish school and stuff so i can get serious in what i love to do to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most adorable thing I've ever seen ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! sorry i haven't commented your blog in a while.... but i've been following your tweets on twitter! hahaha

    anyways, an online store would be amazing...i would DEFINITELY buy your stuff !!!! i hope you get it up and running soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your artwork is amazing.

    Thanks for all your comments in the past. If you ever wanna find a designer to collaborate with... *points at self* XP

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your work!!!!!

    We're posting a link to your blog over at FreeArtWorcester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd sooooo buy a print of this image of the kids with the controllers its lovely! Or do a swap if you are interested. ???

    H.

    ReplyDelete