May 13, 2009

Ray Guns + Lilacs


Julie // 17" x 11" print on cottonrag // available at SPACE 242 June 26

This piece will be offered as a limited edition print at our exhibition this June. As much as I love digital art, I'm skeptical if it's appropriate to have too many digital pieces in a gallery format. But, hopefully it'll be a compliment.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Andy and I had a great day on Tuesday; from wrapping up teaching my teen Manga workshop at the museum complete with Japanese snacks and J-Pop playing, to MassArt's Illustration + Graphic Design Portfolio Open House, to bar hopping with friends. After going back and forth between 3 different Irish bars, we settled on TGIFridays, which turned out to be amazingly enjoyable.
One of my students gave me fresh lilacs from her backyard!
I carried them on the train to Boston and back home, not wanting to part with them.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on your exhibition in june :) this piece is great. i love her hair; your works always have details that catch my attention.
    & how sweet of your student. those flowers are lovely~

    ReplyDelete