June 25, 2009

Atomic Hearts ♥ opens tonight! // Fri. 6.26

ATOMIC HEARTS + the Electrical Brain

new work by Andy Fish + Veronica Hebard
featuring Lindsay Small + Allison Bamcat

Opening reception // Friday June 26th, 6-8pm
Artist Talk // Tuesday July 21st, 7-8pm


SPACE 242 // 242 E. Berkeley St. Boston, MA


Ami Bennett, the super cool gallery director of Space 242, approached Andy and I in the beginning of March to ask us if we wanted to do a two-person show in June. Being a bit ambitious, we agreed, deciding we'd do all new work - about 150 new pieces combined. (Yikes!)

It's been really great, at least for me personally - to just go gangbusters and make new work constantly. Usually I mull over a piece for a little while, deciding if I want to make a series out of it. But I really enjoy just going nuts, knowing there is no time to go back and forth over ideas.

But happily, we did it! And there is great work from our friends Bamcat + Lindsay Small in the mix as well, we hope to see you there!

If you can't make it, I'll be posting lots of pictures, including the actual finished pieces (the process work of which I've been blogging about for a little while)

I'm excited to begin on my next series. Lately I've been inspired by food photography and lots of geometric patterns from 60s era kimonos.


You want this. It's an amazing (and relatively healthy) frozen yogurt from BerryLine in Harvard Square.

9 comments:

  1. I love all of your space ladies. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, take me to that yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, lovely space lady!!

    My NES Love print arrived today and I am one happy bunny!!!! Thanx so much. I can't wait to hang it up and show it off to my guests from the UK!

    Keep it up Gurl!
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry i havent commented ur blog in a while!

    wow, you and andy are like the most artsy couple ever~ so cool! and 150 pieces!?????! i hope you get paid for all this! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pictures every time I go to your blog!!!

    Congrats on the show. It definitely sounds cool to just go into turbo-art mode, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I wish I could see the show, it sounds so interesting! Can't wait to see the work that was featured there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, you all have such cool last names :)
    hope everything went well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the kind words!

    Haha, rikuka, I always thought I had a weird last name >.< Andy's is cool,though!

    ReplyDelete