June 23, 2009

LePen day-glo drawings

A few small drawings done in LePens

It's not surprising that when I find a set of pens or inks that work exeptionally well it says "Made in Japan" on the side. LePens are great quality, highly reccomended even if you don't plan on using them artistically - the inks are really saturated and the tip stays in good condition for a long time. You can usually find them for $1.35 each.




A preview image from the Space 242 limited edition silk screen poster! Each of us, Andy, Allison, Lindsay and myself did a two-color separation design, and the good people at the gallery are printing them up for us right now. We used the images for our recently re-designed website! hebsandfish.com

The show will have lots of great illustration, hand made toys, posters + prints -
we hope to see you at our opening reception this Friday!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



a package of birthday gifts from Japan, it was such a lovely surprise, I didn't even know they knew my birth date. It's always touching when someone remembers a small thing you told them.

Q-Pot comes with a chocolate bar that opens into a tote bag

8 comments:

  1. Mega awesome!

    happy early/late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man i spend so much on LePens! Back in freshman year I went to the art store Davinci (they opened a few nearby the SVA buildings), they had a few colors I liked so I bought them and went back to class. I tried them out, then after class went back and bought around 5 more! I definitely recommend them, and now I am reminded of how I need to by replacements for the ones I've used up already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooo, that's so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors from the pens. I should check them out. I'm sure I'll be using them to draw my bio diagrams.

    Lovely gifts you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japanese pens always rock! And those pens look great. Makes me want to head to the art store and just buy myself a pack.

    I like your redesigned website! For a few minutes, I just had fun hovering over the site entrance. LOL

    btw, you've been tagged!

    You don't really have to do it if you don't want to, but here are the 'rules' anyway: The HonestScrap award comes with a caveat or two. Firstly, you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not know, but are true. Secondly, you have to tag 10 people with the award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous30.6.09

    Had to comment that I too have been rocking the marvy le pen for over a decade now. Thanks to them I never had to learn to use a quill/brush properly.

    great art btw, veronica.

    -jack

    ReplyDelete