July 13, 2009

Sweet Boots



Sweet Boots // archival prints available soon // 10"x 8"


Lately I've been obsessed with lace-up oxfords, 40s-style wingtips, and other-wise spectator shoes. I find when I just doodle randomly, I draw lots of shoes! Does that mean something?

An old SVA professor of mine, Thomas Woodruff, used to doodle alphabets in all different fonts while on the phone with someone in his office. Some how that seems to smack more of artistic genius than doodling Jeffrey Campbells ...


In the mean time, I'm planning on adding a store to this blog. I'm currently trying to figure out the pros and cons of configuring a store into Blogger or if I should utilize the store on my portfolio website ... hmm??
{I'm open to any reccomendations!}

Here is a recent interview I did for Ape On The Moon; a fantastic contemporary illustration blog run by super cool Alex Mathers.

Thanks, Alex!

...


Indiscernible Little Sister Halloween 1995 Bonus Photo

At first I was certain this was Alexa ... but now I'm thinking it's Audra?

11 comments:

  1. wow this is sooo sick!!
    I want a print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oxfords are so nice but i don't think if i wore em myself i don't think i'll wear it right! ):

    i love the picture. i looove shoes too.
    and LOL at the power ranger pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, love your art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! oh ya, i remember reading ur twitter about which oxfords to get! i have a pair of those classic black and white ones, but they're ankle boots with a short heel!

    good luck finding that perfect oxford!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I want a power ranger costume!!!! I always played the pink one when we played power rangers in kindergarten.

    I always doodle profiles on EVERYTHING, and I have since middle school (though I like to think they've gotten better over the years...). It's almost always the exact same female face. Guess I lack creativity. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, great interview! I'll look for the Harker novels. <3 comix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which Lolita? Both? James Mason is so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm really liking oxfords at the moment as well but am having trouble finding them here :( i would really like a spunky black pair to wear around the hospital instead of my falling apart flats :p

    hahah yoour professor used to squiggle the alphabet in different fonts; that is almost like dada meets typography, heheh :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some sweet boots. I've tried on a bunch of heeled oxfords since they've become popular, but they just don't look right on me. I think my legs are too short/chubs to wear them right, haha.

    ReplyDelete