August 20, 2009

Caution


CAUTION // acrylic on canvas // SOLD

I've been asked
Q: Is this was a kind of nonchalant, space-age Eve, passive about her imminent breaking of God's pact in the Garden of Eden?
A: Sure.

Thanks a bunch to Orange Alert for interviewing me this week, and NotCot.org for picking it up!
........................................................

Andy and I went to a great market in a warehouse last week. We found lots of a

mazing stuff including Pee Wee's bike, vintage robots, a HUGE Elvis light up marquee, a giant Converse shoe, and literally a horse-drawn carriage without the horse. It was weird.

We're finally off on our vacation tomorrow morning! We'll actually still be working on a few client projects while at the beach, but that's fine with us - hello Cape Cod!

................more photos below .................
Yeah! Overturn Prop 8!

8 comments:

  1. Love the painting! I love the Cape too...We used to live in Boston, and really enjoyed honeymooning in Martha's Vineyard, visiting Provincetown...Northern Va is where we are now, and it's great, but thinking about New England makes me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning piece! Love your color. Fun pics too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl astronauts are a pretty fun subject, I think!

    Those glasses are pretty sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Very evocative. I totally get where they got the Eve question from. Course, maybe the girl just likes snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your vaca!!!

    I wanna horde ALL that vintage "crap!"

    "CAUTION" is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting looks awesome! congrats on selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a giant converse shoe! That would be an awesome addition to my life.

    Have fun in Cape Cod. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words! We had a great time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete