September 11, 2009

Alice + Q-Pot

ALICE




This was a fun demo painting I did for my Teen Intensive workshop I taught at the museum this summer. I posted earlier how we went up to the balcony to splatter paint, then create an image over the prepared surface.

It's a great exercise, it gets the kids to stop feeling like every canvas has to become their greatest masterpiece and lets them experiment.

..............................................................................................

Q-POT



If Andy decides to pop the question,
I'm sending him an engagement ring hint ....


(subliminalhamburgerringmessage)

For my birthday this June, my good friends Aiko and Yuriko sent me a package with little gifts inside, and the 2008/2009 Q-Pot catalog. Below this post is a set of scans from that catalog. Be warned! It's ridiculousness!

When I have $100 to spend I don't really think "... why not spend it on a super tiny, life like sculpture of an eclair with diamonds on it? .... for my cell phone?"

But it's fun to look! Ah Japanese girls, I may never fully undertand you.

Here are some highlights of the catalog, including but not limited to: macarons, ghosts, cookies, chocolates, chou cremes, gold teeth and girls with Troll-style hair cuts.





............................................................................

(Click MORE for the rest of the images)







15 comments:

  1. A chocolate bar sleep mask?! Oooh, that would give me sweet - ahem - dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I so need a teacup hat. I may be hitting a thrift store tomorrow to make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I know - adding food to wearables can only make life better

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cellphone feels so naked now. How could I be depriving my accessories of accessories all this time?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Q-pot is this shizz! It's also shizz-expensive haha D: I love the tooth ring though! Such novelty items shouldn't be priced so high~

    I love the Alice painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hamburger necklaces are just too much. I so want one.

    I have a chocolate mirror just like the one in that one pic except mines was $6 O_o

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of want that molar ring or whatever it is. It would be quite fabulous. I would tell everyone I got it from the tooth fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen some of those pastry-themed cell phone straps in stores around here! My phone isn't cute enough to use those, though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, as much as I like looking at that stuff, I think having things clanging around in my bag and getting tangled in everything would drive me crazy, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG LOVE THE ALICE!!

    Of course, I already have a Veronica Hebard original Alice painting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. THATS amazing
    i love qpot! the problem with the burger rings is, having tried it on, it slides off because it's so many pieces and ones finger isn't the circumfrence
    so that's problematic
    but oh so cute
    i want the teeth ones @__@
    damnnn japanese consumiersm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crap, that burger ring and tooth ring is AWESOME!!

    I love your picture of Alice.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah! the teeth necklaces are quite funny to me now since I just had two wisdom teeth taken out... I should get some to commemorate my experience :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH NO! Wisdom teeth = horrible experience

    Feel better! You should get the dentist to give you your original teeth then dip them in gold

    ReplyDelete