October 3, 2009

I wake up chilly





24"x18" on matte stock paper

NES LOVE posters are almost gone in my Etsy store. I sold out of Bikes Are Fun this week, and there are only 3 NES prints left.
Mention this blog - www.moduslotus.com at check out, I'll refund your shipping!
.........................................................................................................


After barely getting over being crazy sick this weekend, Andy & I are participating in Scott McCloud's 24 Hour Comic Challenge. Why? I don't know - we're still stuffy and achy so this is probably a really bad idea.

But we did it last year in just over 11 hours so we're gonna give it another go (secret to success? Work on 6x9 pieces of Bristol board!) My comic from last year (This comic was really poorly executed, 1. I had taught for 6 hours before the challenge started and 2. I was highly emotional while doing it)

Sadly, we have to miss our friend Ansis's 33rd B-day bash in Jamaica Plain tonight. But trust me, it's better we spare the party people a head cold. Happy Birthday, Ansis! You are too cool for school

We are so psyched about fall - it's our favorite time of the year! We went to the beautiful Farmer's Daughter Farm + Green house in Auburn and got a lovely pumpkin.

Then we gave it a lobotamy and baked its brains into a delicious snack.




6 comments:

  1. Awww, I love last year's comic~

    Haahaa this is the first time I'm commenting ~_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaah! i wish i was at the 24 hour comics thing again, eating danishes, getting sick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't the same without you Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lobotomized vegetables are the BEST!! ha ha - yer so funny. ;)

    Your 24 hr comic from last year was phenomenal and masterfully executed, not to mention emotionally charged, soulful, and one of the most excellent pieces I've ever read EVER and I'm not just saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i keep saying i'll buy some art
    but it's really impossible right now
    WHEN I HAVE MY OWN PLACE!
    sigh i hate living in a rented space

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words! :)

    I think I'm going to make some prints on tote bags next ;) We don't even have wall space left in our apartment for new stuff!

    ReplyDelete