September 8, 2009

OH SNAP!

Hey friends,

Just finished getting a set of prints made of these, and hopefully my acetate sheets will get here so I can start silk screening!

OH SNAP! {RolliFlex Edition}



................. CAHOON HOLLOW Wellfleet, MA
.......................

Since I left my camera in my bag, hanging on the chair of a Dunkin' Donuts, I took photos of our trip with a little disposable camera. I forgot how much I love the terrible development quality of one-hour photomats!



you can in what seems like the middle of the ocean, on this shallow sand bar


Cahoon Hollow is a lovely beach kind of on the upper-arm of Cape Cod. We went two separate days, and each one was lovely. Even at peak hours, the beach wasn't completely full, just a bunch of kids with surf boards and couples tanning. Remote and peaceful, it's completely worth the $15 entry fee.

Once you visit Cape Cod's free beaches, you'll know why it's worth it to pay to park. {i.e: screaming kids and big Albanian guys in tankinis.} Why they don't pay the $15? I don't know, but I hope they don't.



....................................................................

I know this has nothing to do with illustration, but I was thinking of doing some mini city guides. I've lived in New York City and Boston for a few years, and know Dublin, No. Ireland and Cape Cod pretty well, .... I don't know, maybe that's just getting me sidetracked. I have clients to think of!
....................................................................


PS. THE ETSY THING

I forgot! I lowered the price of the Owlie shoes from $35 to $20 + added an art print of Dr. Grood.


6 comments:

  1. Ahh those photo's look amazing! I want to go buy a disposable camera for a future vaca! Did you ever get back your camera at Dunkin' Donuts?? D:

    I love those Koi fish shoes..! I need them in my life but I've been using too much money lately~ Maybe later. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! not haha at the Camera missing, haha at the "oh snap"

    just please tell me it wasn't an expensive camera :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos -- aahhhh the beach. It looks soooo relaxing and amazing. It is the ultimate escape - I wish I was there now. I can't wait to see your silk screens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We drove back to Dunkin' Donuts on the way home and they kept my bag safe for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten photos ACTUALLY developed in the longest time... Maybe I should think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures. I like the vintage feel that only film can create.

    ReplyDelete