September 29, 2009

Space Converging



Space Converging // sumi-e ink, gouache + pen // 16"x16" watercolor paper

At our exhibition this June, I had a set up of six 16"x16" mixed media illustrations, some of which were my favorites from the whole show.





I used to be very attached to my work; not wanting to sell it, pricing it way too high and whatnot. It's different now - I'm happy that this above painting and only a few others are still around from the 65 new pieces I did for my section of the show. It's actually really nice having space in our studio back!

Before the show opened, the apartment was literally stacked end to end with frames -
it was dangerous, haha. Maybe next time we'll rent a storage facility for a month.

...................................................................................................................



Speaking of space, My astronaut-silver Jack Purcells came yesterday! Despite being the correct size, they feel really big on me, but the thick sole and the inside cushion is so comfortable I can deal with shiny clown-feet.


Now that Andy and I are finally caught up with all of "the Office", I started getting into "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and really like it. We're also way behind on "Flight of the Concords" and "Lost" but there aren't enough hours in the day!

5 comments:

  1. Yay .. always sunny!,
    I love when a show is over and I get my unsold pieces back, I can decorate my walls again. Like old friends visiting (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!!

    Wow good luck catching up on Lost!!! If your really behind then REALLY good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking show lor! :D

    And the trippy silver Jack Purcells look awesome! I kind of want to return to the world of the velcro-strapped-sneaker and was thinking of how to lever myself in slowly! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oOoOoh the shoes look really comfy.. and i can't belive you produced so much for show! i can never get myself to make that much art haha FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! We actually made more than necessary for the gallery, we were on overload haha

    ReplyDelete