October 21, 2009

Apple Rock Poster

I'm excited to be a part of SPACE 242's upcoming 90s ROCK show, in which artists are asked to recreate a concert poster from a real event.  Below is the first of 3.


After scrubbing all that was left of 90s music OUT of my mind after high school (Hootie & the Blowfish, Dave Matthews Band), I realized I did still have a fondness for certain artists (Nirvana, Veruca Salt, the Meat Puppets, etc...)
Speaking of apples ...


hot cider + caramel mackintosh apples

It's cider season!  We love hot apple cider, and we have it simmering on the stove pretty much all the time here at the apartment.  It's been great since it's been amazingly cold in MA lately.  (I'm getting horrible flashbacks to the 9 month winter last year)



I made this bow out of and old, apple-print sash for my Halloween costume. 
(I'm not sure if I'll use it, we may go as Batman + Robin)
 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
And a HUGE thank you to all the lovely happy engagement wishes last week! 
(Which happened in the Big Apple - har har)

 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing poster! I love the colors and the cute doe!

    Mmmm apple cider. I haven't had that in ages. Your apples look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your poster!! WOW! Is that a font or did you draw the lettering? It's a gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's a font called "oshare" which means "fashionable" haha

    You can find it at dafont.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BATMAN & ROBIN!! lol hella cute! you guys should dress up as that. my bf & i were going to 2 halloweens ago, but no $$ :p

    who would be batman & who'd be robin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice nice nice! Loving the poster work! :D

    It's a shame Australian's don't really partake in Halloween, if only to scare little kids and to provide adults and the more boganite of our nation with yet another reason to drink. That's usually how things are celebrated over here!

    We're culturally rich! HOLA! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the apple related stuff @_@ that is more than coincidence~ The bow is very cute and I love love love concert posters for some reason, they just seem so interesting no matter what~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rikuka - I think we both want to be Batman :)

    Jayne - I didn't know that! But it's also summer there right now, right?

    Thrila - I know, it's apple overload :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are great!

    Mmm apples *grabs for them* (I have no food right now Dx)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the poster is awesome. I really love your drawings (& I am saving up to buy something from you--shipment will kill me ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that poster is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. halloween...hmm wonder what i'll be going as..

    ReplyDelete