October 6, 2009

the Moon + the North End

sketchbook page

I used to sit outside on my front lawn when I was a kid and look at the moon.
Now, this area is grown in with lots of briar bushes, weeds and rabbit holes.
Those little lines are the top are telephone wires.

........................................................................................................

THE NORTH END



I recently had a great time in the North End with Yuka. The North End is Boston's Little Italy, and I can't believe I hadn't visited before. The harbor is so lovely, especially in the autumn, and the flower boxes drip down the apartment windows.

I have fond memories of exploring Mullberry Street in Manhattan with my bff Misha, watching Yankee's games from an outdoor patio while eating manicotti. But there is something more intimate and old-world about the North End in Boston.

♥ And, Mike's Pastry is there! ♥



a gelatto place on every corner







Paul Revere's house. You can see his garden they've preserved since 1774!

8 comments:

  1. That sketchbook page is awesome! you gonna make that into a final?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O
    The North End looks really cool!! I'm glad they preserved the look and feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think of making it into a finished painting, but I think I will, Juan! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! My grandfather lived in that area when he was younger (he was an Italian immagrent!) I really want to see it some day. Seems so colorful!

    ****
    Love the sketch. Really catches that childhood nostalgia~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really truly love all your artwork. Its beautiful. Your an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm gelato...

    Also I adore the drawing. Your drawings are like EXACTLY WHAT I WISH I COULD DO!!! Probably unhealthy on my part, but whatevs.

    The North End looks really pretty--I'm actually going up to Boston tomorrow night for a wedding. Wonder if I'll have time to explore..?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete