October 25, 2009

Your lovely calavera

As my last post was apple-overload, I thought I'd switch to lovely, lovely skulls.
Here is the latest drawing to be made in to rock poster #2.




Can you guess the band it's for?  Probably a tough question since there isn't enough information yet.  (But if you'd like a hint, there will be some white marionette strings added in then it's all done ... )




In my spare time I've been playing the über awesome GRIM FANDANGO - an amazingly crafted game by Lucas Arts.  The design of the characters is just the cat's jammies, and if you can't find the game anywhere, I reccomend at least downloading the fantastic soundtrack - you won't regret it!  ♫♪♫♪







a sampling of my favorite tracks



It's times like this I wish I had some Mexican heritage that would let me in on some awesome Dia des los Muertos celebrations!  Andy and I have long collected Mexican art books and Oaxacan trinkets, so it was really fun for me to go to a specifically Day of the Dead store in Houston, TX last March.  



the mantle in our living room




Skull patches from a store in NYC's Garment District.
These make me want to go to Dead People Academy.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Veronica!

    Do you know the store Nomad in Cambridge? It's an awesome store and they do a big deal every year for Day of the Dead. They make altars and candy skulls and sell Mexican stuff. I also do an altar every year in my house with the DOD stuff I brought from Mexico. I will give you a piece of some wonderful fabric "Paseo de los muertos" that I bought on line this year--you can use it under your Day of the Dead stuff. I'll leave the fabric at the Museum tomorrow.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome poster! But I can't guess who the band is hahaha I was thinking Franz Ferdinand in my head but then... that wouldn't be right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw so nice, it's halloween themed!
    i dont know what im doing for it ! :( dfinitely no costume thus far though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're going to grab a bunch of crap from around the apartment and put it in a utility belt, add a cape and go as discount superheroes!

    Yes, Joan I have been there! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skull illustration! God woman - your rock posters are killer!! And I love your festive mantle! :)

    ReplyDelete