November 6, 2009

Dia de los Pescados


.........................................................................................................................

Yuka and I went to the New England Aquarium this week, and naturally it was magical - the eels poking their faces out of giant coral, the glowing jelly fish, and of course, the Domo merch at the 7/11 around the corner! (The hunt is finally over for Homie Domo)

You know the ironic part?  This time next year I'll be Mrs. Veronica Fish*ba dum chhhh*
 

click MORE to read rest of the post below...



.........................................................................................................................



Dia de los Muertos at Forest Hills Cemetery 

 
 

Sorry it's difficult to see what's going on - still working on capturing night shots with my camera.

The procession to the altars was really lovely - there were kids singing, families holding lanterns and pictures of ancestors, and the people leading the ceremonies were wafting copal over everyone as they came in. 

I'm looking D-SLR camera recommendations if anyone would like to share!  I've been looking on the market for a long time, but I'd really like to find one to capture our wedding, honeymoon as well as professional reasons.  (Taking good quality archival photos of paintings can be real pain with a crappy digital camera!)

Next post - sketches of lots of new projects!

6 comments:

  1. Fishies! I love fishies!

    I have a Nikon. I guess you'll have to do some research. I chose a Nikon because I have yellow undertones (skin wise) therefore I look pretty in my pictures (lol, narcissistic Miku).

    ReplyDelete
  2. im looking for a DSLR toooo
    but dont know which one and the prices are @_@
    gorgeous pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about Nikons - though I'm terrified of investing in an expensive lens and doing something clumsy like dropping it or scratching it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Nikon d40 Veronica! If you want, you can go look at my pictures from my blog and see if thats the quality you want your pictures to look. I would link you to my flickr but I never update it! The reason I picked that one was cause DSLR's are expensive already and it was the cheapest plus its a pretty good starter DSLR camera from all the reviews I've read anyways. Also since I'm not that serious about photography, I don't need a fancy 600 bucks camera.. I think the d40 was a good choice for me.. :)

    I've dropped my camera once.. I got into a fight with my sister and I was getting out the car and I thought I had all my bags together, I dropped the bag my camera was in. It started making this weird squeaky noise.. I sent it 3 times to get it fixed.. Once in a blue moon it would make that noise but it was easily fixed by just taking out the lens and putting it back in. I'm tempted to send it again to get it checked out before the warranty ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awesome advice, Jennifer! That looks like a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear you Jennifer! I also have some sort of events with my photography, I'm a passionate photographer, love to hear and comment on relevant blogs. And nice blog too Veronica. Keep it up.

    Thanks
    Rex

    ReplyDelete