November 28, 2009

Fur coat + Winter Song

Hey everybody,

After wrapping up a set of Fall Fashion illustrations, I've been looking a lot at all the fur coats walking around lately.  (Not by themselves - they are usually on somebody)

So here is a recently completed piece in that vein, the last of 4 pieces headed out to Gallery 1988's PAPER PUSHERS show, opening December 11th.

If you live out in San Francisco - please check it out for me!
Wish we could be there to see all the amazing work!

colored pencil + gouache // available for purchase at Gallery 1988 SF Dec. 11th '09
.....................................................................................................................

some ear candy for you

(I've been looking for this song for 5 years!)
Eisley is a great band; I recently got the MARVELOUS THINGS EP off Amazon. The lead singer has a sweetly mysterious quality to her voice. I wasn't able to find much of their music on iTunes, so it was back to ol' fashioned CDs!

NEXT POST
...............................................................................................................................
SUPER AMAZING WONDERFUL 
...HOLIDAY PRINT SALE!...

The next post will be up for a little while, as I take a break from the blog-o-sphere to work on some client projects and take print orders!  I'm going to offer 8 art prints, 8"x10" for just $10 each!  Or, if you are a mathematician, it would look something like this:

x8.8x10.10

stay tuned!  

6 comments:

  1. awesome!
    i really like that you always draw a girl
    girls that seem to drift their minds elsewhere
    i like i like

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat reminds me of my red coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo beautiful! I wish I was in San fran to see it up close.

    Fur is such a big trend this year, even though I know I might look weird in one, I still want to try on a huge fur coat. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived in San Fran to be able to see it! Eisley is awesome! I love her voice, it's so ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a fur-coat walking around on its own. :) Heehee.

    Great drawing--after trying colored pencils for (weirdly) the first time since childhood in a class this semester, I have renewed respect for your subtle use of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice words!

    ReplyDelete