November 8, 2009

Wedding Gown Sketch






drawn on the back of a recycled envelope 
....................................................................................

Lately my obsession with weddings has left me sketching all kinds of girlie things in my spare time.  (Which is a really fun change of pace since my current graphic novel projects involve zombies, space pirates and ninjas!)

Below are three dresses that I'm crazy about.  If you have any opinions, I'd love to hear them!
..............................................................................................................


★ My favorite for the ceremony // It's delicate, flattering & really affordable

 
.........................................................................................................................................................

★ My 2nd choice for the ceremony // I'm big into old movies, and the vintage feel really speaks to me 



..........................................................................................................................................
★ My favorite for the reception // I love the sophisticated cream color & the lovely rosettes.
    I originally wanted this for the ceremony, but would like to wear it more than once.

13 comments:

  1. The Roses in Wonderland dress looks really charming! And speaking of weddings, you should check out http://100layercake.com/blog/. I visit that site often just to see all the pretty pictures and get inspiration for my future wedding. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it were me i'd buy the roses in wonderland one
    and yes LOVE cute/chic and CHEAP dresses
    i can't believe wedding dresses range up to thousands of dollars
    WTF? u srsly can only wear it ONCE lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of like the second one best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel as though the top one has tons of potential if you added something to it =o like a pretty lacy outline for the dress. But, man, can't beat those prices!

    Great drawing! so cute =o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8.11.09

    I think you would look the prettiest in the top one, the one shoulder night gown.

    The second one is lovely; I would just add a pretty, cheap layer/train to the bottom for added floooow.

    Just my 'pinions
    Love,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one. It's enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uwaaa enjoy the girlie-ness! Maybe you could try on dresses with similar shape and then have a better idea of which you'd like best to order online (at a better price I'm sure too! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THE FIRST ONE. Also, there's a greater contrast between that and the reception one, so it would be nice to have both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first one is so glamorous. It would look amazing on you. I think you should wear it to the reception so we can see you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen - Yes, good advice I need to find a similar one soon! (I'm worried size 6 will be backordered if I don't order it now)

    Thanks for commenting, Eleni! I agree, I think I'm going to jump on these together.

    Aw Alison! I wish I could wear it to the reception, but it would be bad luck! (Since we're going on our honey moon right after the ceremony, then party after we're back )

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, I can see you in each of these, LOVE the first one very classy and 2nd one would be so adorable on you! have you decided yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the first one! Its so simple and elegant at the same time. :D

    ReplyDelete