December 30, 2009

The Lucky Year of the Ox

 Like other 1985 babies, Year of the Ox '09 was my lucky year!  And it has been!  I advanced in my careertraveled quite a bit, became Pro at Wii Tennis (1588!), gave up bad habits {stopped biting my nails} and started good ones {lost 15 lbs}, reconnected with old friends and made new ones, and not the least of which, got engaged.


February 14th 2010 begins the Year of the Tiger, and as such, my resolution.  

One thing that held me back year to year was an inability to be aggressive when it came to things I was passionate about.  Should I call that publishing house in San Fransisco?  Yes... but what if they hate my work?  What if they say I don't have my voice yet or enough important clients?  ... No phone call. 


I'm changing all that!  I will get up the nerve to work harder, to stop assuming negative things, to go after life like a tiger, baby, a tiger.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ♥ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Goodbye old datebook and all that stuff I freaked out to finish






Hello new datebook, you definitely won't remain this empty for long.




   After a really nice dinner with my big Italian family, Andy and I walked around our favorite parts of New Haven, the Yale Campus.  I'll never get over how lovely Yale is.  It's like walking through a sprawling castle keep!  It feels different from Harvard, closer to home for us, which is mostly New England style houses and brownstones.  Yale is almost frighteningly majestic!  Especially at dusk!  All pointed patinas and gargoyles like it's the 17th century.



 

Ate way to much this holiday season, but it's been worth it! Gnocchi, Terry's Chocolate oranges, peppermint bark, stuffed mushrooms - any more of this and I'll look like Hercule Poirot.  Well, if I grew me a Belgian moustache.

7 comments:

  1. I think thats the bane of all artists is to doubt themsleves and their work. I've been really gulity of that this year too! Tiger Uppercut 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember too much about wii tennis but that looks like a mighty high score xD

    I love the design on your old datebook =3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahaha. I am also looking forward to the Tiger too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your filled pages from your old datebook. It's so colorful and productive looking. *sigh* I love planners and I used to use them daily, but then I feel out of practice after I graduated from high school. But looking at your pages makes me want to get a datebook for 2010 and try again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha without a datebook my life would fall apart!

    My friends are surprised I still do pen and paper and not iPhone apps or something electronic. I'm so 1995!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't live without datebook's. I have 3 and they are all full and overflowing with my crap :D It's like.. a diary and oraganizer in one stuff'd with papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hhehee - HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

    Looks like you had a great 2009! I hope 2010 brings you even greater things! (And stacks of chocolates! NOMNOMNOM!)

    :D

    Eye of the Tiger, sweetie, Eye of the Tiger!

    ReplyDelete