February 3, 2010

Bits & Pieces

 
a not-so-recent sketch found under a book 

I'm returning to my hermit life in the studio again.  Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's hard.  Like having to miss both the gallery opening at Space 242 and Alex + Dante's birthday parties in Boston.   : (   {Sorry Lindsay and Alex, we love you guys}  Part of not making both those awesome events is living 45 minutes outside of the city.  Andy and I are hoping to move this year. 

But we're not totally going Greta Garbo - we were able to have dinner with one of my dear childhood friends this week.  It's a great feeling to know you may pass in and out of people's lives many years apart at a time - but whenever you meet again you're back to talking like old times.

On that note -
Andy's brother and sister-in-law are currently living in Nagoya, Japan.  This Christmas they asked me if I wanted anything special, and of course, it was asking for these sweat bath salts that delayed shipping the package out - so we just got it this week.  I think I ate most of the chocolate - sorry, Andy.  Al & Tomoko are two of my favorite people - they are kind and extremely genuine.  Read Al's cult movie blog!  He's hilarious! (Al, if you're reading this, stop working 13 hour days and update with more terrible B flicks)

  
 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ありがと~ あるこ + ともこ~ 懐かしむ. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

back to the studio with lovely, lovely Land-O-Lakes hazelnut hot cocoa
... aaaaaand about a half pound of mini marshmallows ...

but the cat insists I stop working and love on him

13 comments:

  1. Wait - is there a chance I already posted this sketch? Dear me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you already posted that sketch!?

    Awesome goodies from Japan! You got lotsss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that sketch before - I know this because I went through all your posts once looking for something, haha. oh god...

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAMESHIBA. YESSS

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! i love weird things from other countries, especially japan! you didnt know you needed or wanted this, but now you do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm... i love the chocolate koalas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allison! I have a very belated Christmas gift for you!

    Lindsaaaaay - I'm sorry we didn't make the party :( We want to take you guys to dinner to make up for it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try them chocolate koalas so much, but I want the ghost-type ones I saw in the Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge dorama. Also, mmmm... marshmallows....

    BTW, yes I am also a big Ingrid Bergman fan. I was sort of sad when I found out my mom wanted to name me Ingrid, but my dad didn't agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super fantastic care package from them!!!

    Hermit life.. yea, it has it's give & take.

    Enjoy reuniting with your old friends! It's nice knowing some things are steady & unchanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mm Ghana chocolate =3

    The shrimp is awesome xD & so is kitty

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah! braids not only making its way around fashion but in your art also :)

    hermit life! hope you get lots done, otherwise try not to hermit too much :P

    *steals your hot cocoa*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becca - you've made me realize I've drawn girls with braids sitting in flowers many times before! hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  13. mm hot cocoa. I haven't had that in YEARS!!!!

    ReplyDelete