February 6, 2010

Flora in Winter


It's been a long week of working in the studio on various projects, and I'm pretty sure I'm making my eyesight worse from putting my face too close to the paper.  Blast you, myopia!
We should all be happy our job isn't getting man-handled by a bunch of guys in top hats, asking if we saw our shadow this year.  Poor Punxsatawney PhilI'm pretty sure he sees his shadow because of all your cameras, media!  They even made you tweet on a Blackberry this year!

Andy and I are fortunate to work in a place like the Museum.  It's easy to take it for granted since we are there almost everyday, but when their annual Flora in Winter show passed through, it really put some sun in our week!  Or, some Esperanza I should say.







The Worcester Art Museum lobby 
(can you find what I was sketching? you kids get a gold star)
.............................................................................................................

SECRET TO SUCCESS #1 : self confidence

And lastly, - because it made me laugh this morning - here is helpful tip for you.  Apply it to your life!  
Okay, I was really trying to figure out how I should share this baby with you.

...........................................................................


Alright, Winter.  That is quite enoughI am ready for spring.

10 comments:

  1. ahahha that baby is so cute1
    yes i wouldnt know how to incorporate that into a post
    but true advice, self confidence always is a winner!
    great flowers, we dont have that here..
    we hve crows though
    people like crows right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that illustration, it looks vintage! And mmm pocky XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHHAHAH I LOVE THAT BABY.

    You were sketching that statue in the lower left hand corner! Staaaaaaaaar~~~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! 'Checked Mirror. Still hot.' Yessss! High-5 and a little victory dance from now on every time I look in the mirror. And a beautiful sketch btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA The baby was the cornerstone of this post

    I will find more inspirational photoshop jobs to include in the future

    Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao, that baby picture is awesome!

    & love the sketch, very beautiful.

    So agree with you on the winter thing.. it's getting ridic. with the cold! I want some heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, printing out that baby and sticking it on my wall xD

    and with pocky in your bag, you can do anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby actually made me LOL! HAHAHA
    Thanks for the pick-me-up! :D

    I think I've got the winter bluUuUues

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful museum. It looks so serene.

    HAHAHA! GO BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SEE THE STATUE GIMME MY COOKIE!

    ;P

    Quirky motivational baby~

    I want spring so badly... I don't think I've ever whined so much about winter in my entire life!

    ReplyDelete