February 20, 2010

Maiko whispering

study for new painting

Well, I've successfully killed another plant in my attempts to bring an early spring to our apartment.  Cabin fever is hitting me pretty hard lately, I probably don't help the situation by watching lots of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain episodes or picking up travel agent pamphlets.  

But I'm more excited about getting married! (Wow, never thought I'd say that)  I think about it every time I look at my engagement ring, which of course, is the hand I hold the drawing paper with, and that amounts to like a bajillion times a day.


In an attempt to become more feminine, I've recently taken up fan dancing! 


Recently commissioned shoes, by one of my favorite patrons



I've been getting back into the Beta Band lately - if you haven't heard them, you should immediately stop what you are doing, run out to where ever it is you buy CDs anymore, and get all their records.  Here is a sampling for you ...




Cupid shoots first and asks questions later


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA!

12 comments:

  1. Your blog is really cool. I will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo fan dancing! *immediately things of zhang ziyi*

    The Beta Band sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the last line
    cupid shoots and asks questions later

    love it and hate it!
    but great shoes (y)

    and now that you mention killed plants

    i just killed my 'friend' the cactus

    it BLED blood, no lie =_= which is red and gooey

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, CUPID is a BAMF!

    Fan dancing sounds so awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma - a cactus can bleed?! Wow. Did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, did you paint those shoes? They are so amazing *___* I wish I had your talent, ahhh~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anthony Bourdain is old man hot! Hahahha! I was way obsessed with dvr'ing every episode of No Reservations!! It's a great show :PP

    You should be excited!! It's exciting \:D/// Honestly marriage is pretty great :PP

    ReplyDelete
  8. The koi shoes were a big hit! Thanks Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sketch is sick!
    That band is sick!
    This post therefore is sick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I love your sketch!!! Can't wait to see the complete painting.

    ReplyDelete