February 17, 2010

Meanwhile ... Comics + Cupcakes

How was your Valentine's Day?  Andy and I got some great Thai food and basically worked in the studio all day. (woo)  But we did swap homemade cards and cookies!   We don't really do the classic love-y stuff, like heart-shaped boxes or chocolates or balloons, but we do love to make cupcakes together.  Speaking of which...
 
Me & Yuka went to Cambridge a few weeks ago
Sweet was all decked out, love-style  



In art-related news ...
Working on penciling JJ's new graphic novel.  Plugging away at 96 pages day by day!  


........................................................................................................................

Patrons and old friends Evan + Jess asked me to be a part of a great gallery show at Davis this month. If you are in Central Mass, come check it out!  It'll be just comic art from all kinds of awesome people:

Meanwhile ...
Opening: Thurs, Feb. 25, 2010 5-7pm
Davis Gallery @ Printers Bldg
44 Portland St 3rd fl Worcester, MA

Unfortunately I can't attend, I am teaching a portfolio class at the museum - Have fun for me! 
........................................................................................................................

Speaking of comics, how cool is this?!


BATMAN cardigan!  It's probably jacked from the new animated series design, so it's not as cool as if it was an Adam West one, but hey! whatever.  If I didn't have awful luck with Zipia, I'd definitely order this. Sadly everything I've ever bought from them has been itchier than wearing steel wool.

14 comments:

  1. Patrick Keenan17.2.10

    I thought it was "The Dark Knight"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I'm so excited for this OGN. I've seen a little of the stuff so far and I'm just blown away by it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick - HAHA I KNOW, they have a shirt that also says "Lomantic Vintage"

    MixMasterMike - Thanks! I'm excited to see it al come together, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing a comic seems really difficult. Maybe it's because I'm completely unable to draw something the same way twice, haha.

    Also, I'm surprised you haven't liked the Zipia stuff you've gotten. Everything I've ordered has been fine. Maybe I just have low standards, heheh. Ah, I want to do another Zipia order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUPCAKES!!! Me. Want.
    Your comic pages look amazing! It's going to be an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alison!

    Erin - I've ordered only two sweaters and they are both unwearable-y itchy! But they are lovely nonetheless, and I'm sure these are just flukes

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA I LOVEEEE ZIPIA'S ENGRISH!

    Is that first photo a lomo photo (I spy a light leak!)!? It's so pretty! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, aww lady, sorry they turned out so itchy! I guess you just have to wear undershirts with them. I think you can google some itchy sweater cures, although if it's wool it's usually a lost cause.

    I love Zipia stuff but it's VERY cheaply made, the seams break often and I've had to mend a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE ILLY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm thai food :D

    I like the white cardigan but that emblem thing just clashes a bit too much =o

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heart balloons are aweeesome!

    That cardigan is pretty cool! Sucks Zipia stuff is poor quality..

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha Zipia. I stopped ordering from them because their sizes were SUPER tight on me, theres another wicked Korean clothing site like that.....and I just forgot the name...

    Ill get back to you on that...haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cupcakes look so yummy =3
    I love the cardigans especially the white one ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited for the OGN.
    I loved the short story you two did together and hoped you would do another one.

    ReplyDelete