March 22, 2010

the Pancake Tree


Here is a recent commission by a really cool writer in California, 
who asked me to do a couple character designs

Waiting to bring out wraps outside

Andy and I had a great weekend, spending almost all of it in the breezy sunshine.  It's been fun having a dog; she gets super excited when you ask "Wanna go for a ride?" and runs in a little circle smiling.  We got waffles and strawberries for brunch, took long walks with the dog, went to the Corner Grille and ran into our friend Jan (my favoritiest lady ever) and had a Mystery Science Theater date night over some chips and salsa.  Oh! and late night run to Wholi Canoli ...
 
Life is pretty good.


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous22.3.10

    awesome drawing! i love the kid's face :)

    love those pastries ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pancake tree is super awesome!!!!
    I want to have one in my backyard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just had this creme brulee that's sooooo sweeet
    so yeah unfortunately the desert pics dont look that appealing right now
    but im such i'd be hungry any other day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doesn't get any better than a sign that simply states "PIE" !!!!

    Except maybe a tree that has pancakes coming off of it XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words!

    I love all kinds of pancakes... apple cinnamon... banana... pineapple... blueberry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. PANCAKE TREE!!! WOOOO!!!

    What a delicious post. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the terrible filter I added makes them look LESS amazing *fail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Veronica - do you have a booth at Comic Con by any chance? Or will anyone there have your work for sale or show?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I <3 pancake trees.
    Please plant me one. <3

    ReplyDelete