March 10, 2010

Spring Shoot // outtakes

So we've had two Mass Lookbook photo shoots thus far at Jeff Baker's studio - and it's been such a blast.

It struck me last month - if I'm teaching fashion illustration at the museum, and Jeff is teaching photography - why not combine them and let the students have a shot at producing a spread?  Not only would they get real working experience, but they would think it was super-cool and love me.  I kid, I kid.  It really functions as a great advertisement for our teen portfolio classes! 

Here are my favorite outtakes from the first shoot!

My good friend Jess modeled for us + one of my students Lauren pinch hit for some press shots

9 comments:

  1. I love these shots and I love how it's styled! Especially the yellow coat :D Everything's so young and I like the pops of colour~ Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous models!! This photo shoot is a pretty amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The models did a great job - I had no idea how long photoshoots could take! Or how many times you have to jump around to get one good "jumping" shot haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots - looks like stacks of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a brilliant idea combining the classes! I love these photos they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! The students were way more talented than I gave them credit for

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photography!! Good idea to combine the classes as well. Good luck with all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outtakes! It looks like you guys had tons of fun. :D

    ReplyDelete