April 15, 2010

Shalimar - the Snake Charmer

I completed a piece for SPACE 242's upcoming show "Get Your Freak On!", featuring all side-show themed artworks.

I am very happy with this piece; usually I draw and re-draw endlessly to get the idea where I want it, but this one just went down on paper and I didn't bother to lose sleep over it.  Hopefully it doesn't seem sparse or ill-designed.

This piece will be for sale at SPACE 242 BOSTON starting at the end of April.  

I'll post more of the show details next week ...

9 comments:

  1. the colors are AH-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silkly smooth lines as usual. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhh the colors and the lines!!! AMAZING~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love it. Wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, it's so awesome. I like how can you put so much detail into something but still make it look simplistic! Great job :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the shaping in her skirt/pants!

    Maybe you're getting more confident so you're able to stress less on some pieces?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great piece! Opening night is going to be packed, she has about 100 artists showing!

    ReplyDelete