May 30, 2010

The Four of Us Are Dying

 
The Four of Us Are Dying

You can purchase the William Shatner painting I also did for the show, HERE

I'm very excited LAWeekly's blog about the show mentioned this piece, Thanks!

"The Four of Us Are Dying is about a man who can change his face when he studies a picture.  As he creates a web of deception and theft, he subsequently destroys the lives of the people around him, and ultimately his own. "
............................................................

Andy and I just wrapped up a marathon 48 hours at the Worcester Art Museum this weekend.  We were artist/mentors for Art All State - in it's 23rd year!

Every year, thousands of high school juniors apply to go to Art All State, but only 1 or 2 from each high school are awarded spots.  Those kids come from all over to spend a weekend at the museum, broken up into groups lead by two professional artists, and are challenged to create an entire installation artwork with only 3 surprise materials.

My partner was craftsman Steve Butler - a super cool guy who makes the most gorgeous furniture I've ever seen.  Our group was only given : colored wire, white trash bags, and three ring binders.  

Do you know what they did?? They made an entire sky serpent winding around our room, and a wire-girl floating away, with tons and tons of white trash bag clouds.  Fantastic.  Sadly, I had no time to actually take pictures.

And also - when teenagers see my artwork and think I'm cool - it feels like a tiny party inside my brain.  I'm cool!  Alright!
..............................................................

Ok friends, time to get back to work - on to the Ed Wood painting! Well, first, Alley needs to go out ...

7 comments:

  1. The way the colors glow on this is sick. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really kool these colors just pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'And also - when teenagers see my artwork and think I'm cool - it feels like a tiny party inside my brain. I'm cool! Alright!' - The telltale sign that you're getting oooooooooooold! Hahahaha, you're always cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D: 3-ring binders wtf!? I would have never though of a sky serpent but it make so much total sense! Definitely talented kids~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks (for the congrats, that is)!!!

    Also, your dog is ADORABLE! Reminds me a little of my dog. :) What breed?

    OH and re: your newer post, I love the way you incorporate actual clothing/fashion into your illustrations. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete