May 10, 2010

NYC - macarons + Irregular Choice


More "What-to-Wear" sketches from the trip ...
H&M bag, gold chains, thrifted shorts + oversized cardigan
That bag started to get really, really heavy walking around all day with it


So wouldn't you know it, literally across the street from Lombardi's is a fancy-pants macaron shop. And my goodness, are they ever delicious.  Misha and I got two bags of 6, trying as many flavors as possible.  Lemon cream, Orange Blossom, Black Sesame (*recommended), Peanut butter, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Raspberry, Grapefruit... 


and so the quest for them is over.  At least for now.



These are various shops in SoHo, places I thought were particularly cool.  The first picture in this set has a lot of handmade plushes sewn from vintage silk fabric and some kimonos.  Those are little stuffed macarons on a fabric cake.


The shop with the plastic dog + unicorn is called Irregular Choice, and was a bit of girly insanity.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I love that doggie in a wig! Your photos are lovely and the macarons are making me droooooooool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Those macarons look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were amazing, I wish they'd open a Boston branch... *weep

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's.... there's a Irregular Choice London store in Soho .... *WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY! *I'm gonna have to take another trip back. I failed at planning mine LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

    Rose flavored macarons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 NY precisely because of stuff like this. Irregular Choice makes me weep with joy, cannot even believe those shoes! Yeah, Boston desperately needs on. (Okay, I desperately need one in Boston.)

    ReplyDelete