June 29, 2010

a 24 hour roadtrip

western massachusetts countryside

Last week my family invited me to New York to catch "Promises Promises" on Broadway with Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth. I said yes, since it would mean only being away from my drawing table a total of 24 hours and I hadn't seen a show since college. 

My sister got Sean Haye's autograph, which is cool because she and my mom are fans of Will & Grace. (Sean Hayes plays Jack and also hosted the Tony's this year)  My family is extremely musical - my dad plays 5 instruments, my mom toured with a dance company, and my 2 sister is are singer/dancers in the theater.  So... artist, kind of unexpected.  We even ran into one of my mom's old students who is now on Broadway.  She toured in Cats, and now dance captain for Chicago

It was a really nice time - we took a roadtrip from Massachusetts to New York and then back again to see my youngest sister off to college (oh how they grow up so fast) which meant a total of about 5 hours in the city.

pitstop

Even though the trip was so short, it was really special to be with my family again, and it will stay with me for a long time.   As we drove through the upstate NY country side at night, you could see hundreds of fireflies sparking in the fields, and the moon was new and dark.

More travel posts soon - but for now, I really have to get back to work!  Being away for 24 hours is actually too much!

8 comments:

  1. Yay you're back! That sunset is magical, I love the colors~

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw that sounds sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. yupyup

    i have 70% bearbricks
    the biggest you can go up to is 4000% (that i know of) and they are about 4ft tall
    and cost about $1000 each depending on the style and collaborator

    but yeah, I really want a giant bearbrick in my home in the future, maybe a butler one so it can welcome you to my tiny apartment that i was forced to get because i bought a giant bearbrick..the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those pictures are beautiful. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind words!

    Wow, Emma those are expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a pleasure to read these posts ontop of your awesome work!!!

    beautiful pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunset. :D

    Whoa Cats?? My friend was completely obsessed with that musical. Your family sounds really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I only know Sean Hayes from Will & Grace. He and Karen were the best ever - made me laugh so much. I wonder what he's like on broad way?!

    ReplyDelete