June 12, 2010

Happy Bee Day

Guess who is turning 100 today!


The Brooklyn Botanical Garden!  Okay, it's actually my birthday (woo!), which I also share with Anne Frank, George Bush Sr., and musician Chic Corea.  Oh! And one of the Kids in the Hall members.


giant whoopie pie
 strawberries with cream and pizelles

Andy and I went to Marblehead with Allison + Bret to head up a panel discussion on comics in front of a crowd of students.  

It was pretty inspiring - we got to see the kid's comics displayed in their library gallery, and most of them did really dark, intense scenes from S. E Hinton's Outsiders!  One just said 'I killed that boy,.." written over a picture of a fountain.  Whoa!  I like these kids!


It also turns out Marblehead is just next to my father's boyhood town.  So it was kind of sweet for me to see where my dad spent his highschool years.



After that we drove into the North End of Boston for the most amazing Italian food I have ever eaten in my life at Rabia's.  Chilean sea bass, apple + gorgonzola raviolis (yes apple) and lemon flambe with coffee, all sitting in the open window seat.  Serene perfection.


imfedore + yewhan photo credits


Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, you've made my day!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday :D!! It was cool to see you at art all state, I'm almost done with school (finally!) the last day is this Thursday, so if you have any projects you could use some help on I would love to! I have a busy summer, but I would definitely like to help out when I can/ if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I hope today is the best for you. :)

    That woopie pie looks amazing. *___*

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! again! i can never quit saying that haha

    i love everything about this post!!! *A*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late. Sorry, but still HAPPY BIRTHDAY! MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE,MAY YOU STAY HEALTHY & HAPPY!

    & yes caps lock means I was cyber-shouting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a day late but I hope you had a great birthday~ =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday again! That whoopie pie looks so delicious! OMG all the regattas in that photo! Such a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happppy birthday againnnn
    the food looks so goood
    im getting hungry again!

    btw ive changed my URL
    if you dont mind, please update your links?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete