June 2, 2010

Pirates of Mars - Rebel Victoria Lovelace



Above are some early character designs for more of Capt. Lovelace's wardrobe.   
WARdrobe (har har)


JJ created an amazing world in his Pirates of Mars script; and made notes to me saying that it takes place in a time that could be in the past or present; a mix of steampunk aesthetic and samurai swords, World War II and ivory-handle revolvers.

It's kind of like reading a history book chronologically, then you have a dream but all the dates blur together into something new. 


If you would like to know when Pirates of Mars is available to read on the web; check out PiratesofMars.com and join the mailing list.

....................................................................................................

You can read a teaser trailer of the first 7 pages of Pirates of Mars Aren't teasers intriguing? They are currently published in the anthology Detour volume 14; with an absolutely fab cover by my girl Lindsay Small.
featuring 14 different comics by 14 different artists 
$9 // available online HERE

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the boots. I think this should be your next Halloween ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome how you plan these outfits out!

    I'm gonna buy the holster and rock it on the streets. Possibly put my blackberry in it like a D-bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guuuurl, thanks for the shout outtt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfits for Victoria Lovelace!
    Can't wait to check out the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the belt and the jacket~ She looks so pretty~

    I was on this website looking around and saw the thumbnail to this and got super excited!
    http://yayeveryday.com/post/8533

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison - you should dress like a pirate for work!

    Juan - haha I bet that's what Mickey Rourke does

    Lorik - thank you for telling me about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, Captain Lovelace seems too cool! I wanna wear all that! ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just subscribed so hard right now

    ReplyDelete