June 22, 2010

You Can Help


If you are far from the Gulf Coast, like myself, there are ways you can help.
TAKE ACTION // has a compendium of resources and charities dedicated to cleaning up the Gulf.
AMERICAN BIRD CONSERVATORY // you can donate as little or as much as you can spare


And please remember; look into how your donation is spent.  Each year, charities like the National Wildlife Federation and UNICEF spend much of your donation on operational costs and fundraisers.  Take a second to research how much of your donation will reach it's intended destination.  

You can see how your charity rates, including what the CEO is paid at CharityNavigator.com

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I'm actually going to the gulf in a week and a half and I'm really worried what it's going to be like :/ I keep meaning to do a post like this and forgetting, hopefully I'll remember now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! it's so wonderful that artists are using their talents to help. i just finished 3 posters for a poster show that will hopefully raise some money for the fishermen in my state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is WIN.
    I donated already to Save Our Gulf but I feel kinda like an ass saying that b/c one can never give too much~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this madness stops soon! Wish I could get down there and clean up some pelicans :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!

    I always felt that UNICEF was using my money for their own things.. but now I hope charities use it for cleaning up turtles :C :C oh man the turtles D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah thanks for the charity navigator thing

    i use to volunteer for UNICEF and it didnt feel as legit even though they are a huge organization

    i hate how money changes people

    ! yes save the turtles and ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This disaster makes me so sad :( It's horrible. Great post!

    ReplyDelete