July 7, 2010

Crazy 4 Cult @ Gallery 1988 LA

If you live in the Los Angeles area, you can see 2 of my paintings {here+ here} in a fantastic group show at Gallery 1988 LA from July 9th - the 30th.  There are so many amazing artists in this exhibition - I wish I could fly out and attend!  I'll be making a limited run of prints of both of my pieces - they'll be available before the end of the month!


Crazy 4 Cult invited over 100 artists across the country to reinterpret + remix classic Hollywood cult films.  It remains one of their most impressive exhibitions - his will be the fourth Crazy 4 Cult show!  It will be hosted by director Kevin Smith + producer Scott Mosier!  Cool beans. :)





Artists are listed alphabetically by first name, so you can see me towards the end

What's cooler, is that this artwork is done by Sir Mitchell - a really amazing artist that also did the "I'm With CoCo" painting of Conan O'Brien for his comedy tour.  Looking over the work of all these illustrators is so inspiring! Stay gold, friends!

I'm so curious which artist will be doing one of my favorite movies ever made - PeeWee's Big Adventure!

6 comments:

  1. woooot!
    congrats
    sounds really prestigious

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great movies in this poster! Willy Wonka, Sloth, Robocop... what else do you need? Except maybe Riki-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so talented *_*
    (that is all I wanted to say b/c it's all I can think! XD)

    LOL PeeWee's Big Adventure!!!!!!! I was so soooooooooooooo happy when Paul Reubens was on Conan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Veronica! This is SO cool! Let's hop a plane and go to the opening. C'MON! LET'S DO IT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words! - hopefully they sell even in the midst of a hundred amazing other artworks

    Alison - we DO need to go to LA together someday! Weeeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! This is awesome~*~ I see you~

    ReplyDelete