July 20, 2010

Red Gate Gallery

I am very excited to be apart of my first international gallery show!

Last year I submitted an envelope with some artwork on it, along with lots of other artists, for Darren di Lieto's "Mail Me Art" project and subsequent book publication.


my contribution from 2009




see the book + other artists here

If you are in the UK, you can check out this piece along with hundreds of artistically-altered envelopes

.........................................................................
Friday 30th July – Thursday 5th August 2010
Opening reception Friday July 30th 6-11pm
Red Gate Gallery
209a Coldharbour Lane, London 
........................................................................

Life is really crazy lately with teaching classes, working on the last of the graphic novel, finishing up some client work and pulling together the wedding.  Happily, the wedding is the least of my worries - not only is it going to be very small, it's also going to be really simple and home-made.  We're not really... um... Chicken-dance people if you know what I mean.

My typical day lately is this //

7am - 9am    Wake up, hatha yoga + braeburn apples
9am - 3pm    Teach at the museum, work in examples of inking a graphic novel on the sly
4pm - 11pm  Client work, wiggle around a bit to keep from slouching back at drawing table
12am - 7am  Try but fail to actually sleep, get up and stop dog from eating all of the cat food 

My intern, Jill, starts at the end of August.  Oh thank god.

11 comments:

  1. ooh lala
    you're becoming morea nd more international now
    famous!
    u have an intern?
    IM an intern, hahaha that's so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamps.... kinda immediately looked like le dongs to me, gaaahahha, god why!?

    Mmmm braeburns!!

    I didn't know you were getting an intern! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWW THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING ENVELOPE I HAVE EVER SEEN!! Now I want to try and decorate an envelope for fun....What did you use to do that? Some parts look like watercolor??? (COMPLETE ART NOOB HERE.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting an intern!!! Now you can start oppressing the working class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that looks so cool! Wish I was in the UK right now, I would love to see this :[

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo so happy to own a print of that envelope!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words :)

    Emma - I wouldn't say there is any fame involved, haha

    HAHA Jenny, maybe that's a Freudian thing.

    Lindsey - I have never been to England, really want to visit someday!

    Heather - that's right! You are the only one, actually

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! Wow, an intern~ That's really going to take a load off your back :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Congrats woman! Your piece is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. argh your drawings are love! have you considered making this one into a tee? I'd definitely buy it :3 so geekishly cute <3 and congrats on being international!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! a tee shirt would be Aces! I'd buy one of those too!

    ReplyDelete