September 29, 2010

250 Drawings for Therapro



For a while I've been working with a great design firm - Milk Row Studios - on a large project for Therapro Inc.  Over the course of many months they had me draw up somewhere around 250 black + white drawings for a project involving self-care tips for young children with autism.


At the museum, I often have at least one student who is autistic, and you may know that many autistic kids are excellent visual learners.  This project is made up of many pictorial instructions!  How to tie your shoes, how to button things, zippers, all that jazz.


I gotta tell you, I'm not even sure how to tie my shoes.  Keith asked me to send over some samples and I thought - "Wait... how do you do it again??"  After taking lots of pictures of myself (suddenly realizing my Jack Purcells were velcro...) we got it down.




It was a great project, and I hope it ends up being helpful to a lot of little kids
(and well, me since now I know how to tie my shoes again)
 ....................................................................................

I got a great deal on some WESC headphones a little while back.  One of the plus sides to working in your studio all day is that you can monitor eBay auctions that are ending while the rest of the world is working 9 - 5.  (Yay $15!)  It also helps to do all your shopping on a Tuesday morning while the only other shoppers are 90 year old men looking for hedge clippers.



....................................................................................


I can't believe the wedding is less than two weeks away!
 There is so much to do, it's almost overwhelming - but in a really wonderful way.

We are going to another wedding the day before ours - and I am so happy to say it's a gay wedding (Rock on Massachusetts - have I mentioned my fervent support of gay marriage, yet?)  It's going to be a weekend of lovely love!

[Also - there are lots of blogs that aren't letting me comment! I'm sorry guys! Mishi, Zoraida, Becca - I'm not sure what the deal is ...]

8 comments:

  1. Austim just makes my heart smile, I don't know why but my heart just goes out to them. I've taught some in the past, it can be difficult until you learn to speak their language. I hope these all go well :D AND OMG YOU ALMOST WEDDED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I also hope it helps lots of little kids that are having difficulties ... <3

    Gotta love ebay for dem dealz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those headphones are freakin' awesome! I wanted some white ones, but ended up with something a really strange colour lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your drawings for Therapro. They're so sweet. I'm sure kids dig 'em! What an interesting project. I didn't realize they were such visual learners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project you're working on! Oh the things we take for granted since we never have to think about it. Love the headphones btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are amazing! I love the drawings, they are very.. comforting, when I looked at them :)

    hehehe velcro shoes are awesome! laces are overrated

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes! I remember you mentioning this project! Wow... I can't imagine having to break down these rudimentary tasks we perform on a daily basis and then capturing them in still frame form! They have such movement XD

    Feeling better some more I hope???!!

    ReplyDelete