September 24, 2010

Pirates of Mars - process work

Would you like to see some terrible sketches?  'Of course!', you say

thumbnails + finishes for pages 1 - 4 of Pirates of Mars vol 1

I can't believe these were done waaaay back around last Christmas! 
  
////////////////////page1

/////////////////////page2

 //////////////////////////page3


//////////////////////////////page4


read the comic online at PIRATESOFMARS.COM



I'm almost finished with the cover painting - it's really exciting!  This is a preview, and yes, I'm being annoyingly secretive...
But it's also a promotional image for you!  If you would like to help spread the word about our new comic, please feel free to take it and link!



Thanks guys so much for your support!

14 comments:

  1. ooohhh..! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24.9.10

    I love looking at thumbs sketches. Interesting how you totally changed page 2 in the process.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pages look great!! Great job :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A -FREAKING- MAAAZIIIING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your robot is such a stud. I am going to have to marry him probably.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible! Page 4 thumbnail: panel 1 to panel 2 makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the kind words!

    Lindsay - he is quite badass in the book, too - he doesn't care if you love him, he'll break your heart.

    Alison - I had to keep it clean over there on the masterpiece theater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Psssh, those are not terrible! More like fantastic! I checked out the website, I am liking what I see :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Amazing! I love the sketches and the final pages!!

    Also loving your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just checked out the new layout - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS IS AN EPIC EPIC OF EPIC EPICNESS OF EPIC PORTIONS~! Comics speak to my heart, love them, tell me you will be doing artist panels in the upcoming comic convention season. May I encourage you to do so?

    Gah I loves :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrible my butt! You make it look so easy DX

    ReplyDelete