October 4, 2010

La Jolie Fleur


I was recently contracted to design the brand identity of La Jolie Fleur - a new floral and French gifts boutique in Massachusetts.  The assignment was so fun - design around the idea of a French guy on a moped zipping around Paris delivering flowers. Chouette!

It started with these lovely flowers Andy suggested we grab from the supermarket [left], then I was suddenly gripped by the urge to go to a nursery and get these mini roses! [below]  And when that wasn't enough, I went back to Jolie Fleur to pick up a jade succulent that was calling to us.

Hopefully these are easy enough to care for that my terrible black thumb won't kill them... *knock on wood*  Either I water too much, or not enough or something - but these poor things always manage to die under my care.  (Sorry, plants)  But it's colder now anyway, so it could be just their time.



11 comments:

  1. Too bad cat man never caught on.

    Adorable flowers and love the brand identity logo :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I know right? He couldn't compete with the Bat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the logo. It's so hip and cheery! Are they selling t-shirts w/ the logo? They should -- cuz I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The sign came out great :) I love the plants AND your comic book wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. /knocks on wood with you/

    great design and great flowers! mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5.10.10

    I seem to remember that the French adjective cames after the noun. Maybe I didn't get the memo.

    ben

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all!!

    Ben - I think you're right- but that is the exact wording the owners had me use

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the design, it's perfect. I have a black thumb too, I pretty much have to rely on my boyfriend to keep things alive lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWEEE you get good sunlight in your place!! I want indoor plants but I barely get a couple passing hours of sunlight at various windows & shade plants are fugs (sorry shade plants!)

    Your logo is, like, PERFECTION! I would totally stop at that shop just for having such a whimsy design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhhhh! c'est chouette et troooooop mignon!!! SOOO CUTE I LOVE IT. I'd wear it if it were printed on a shirt! <3

    great job, you're amazing (again!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merci pour les mots amiables!

    ReplyDelete