November 16, 2010

Hot and Cold - Japanese vending machines

 

japanese vending machines are so numerous, there is one every few meters

This one popped out nice and hot!  And it has my old initials right there, [VH]

This cocoa is made by the same company that produces Asahi beer!

One of my favorite drinks though, was the bizarre "Hot Cake Milk" drink below.  It really did taste like drinking a pancake.  Which is fine with me.  And probably explains the 9 lbs. I gained from all the fantastic food.

Next to the can below is a little "Hot Cake Chocolate" candy from Tirol - those were amazing too!  I hoarded them at convenience stores since we couldn't track down any bags.

Just ate my last one today *sad*

6 comments:

  1. don´t have this in Brazil!!
    I want...!! hehehehe

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Van Houten, was the last name of my science teacher in 7th grade who loved spongebob. xP
    Mmm hot cake chocolate, sounds tasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish these were all over the place in America, instead of just Coke or Pepsi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOT CAKE DRINKS AND CANDIES!?! WHY DON'T THEY HAVE THIS IN AMERICAAAAAAA

    I think that's an appropriate reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Van Houten!! Mike's weakness!! He ran out immediately and bought the cold carton of it and we brought home these "at home cocoa" set but doesn't taste near as good as fresh from the machine!

    LOL I can't believe you drank the hot cake drink! I had seen those and was quite amused & pondered what the flavor would be like XD

    ReplyDelete