November 8, 2010

Japan!




the beautiful arctic snowcaps


<<< They spelled my name on my plane ticket : VeronicaLand HebardFish
Still not sure who that is exactly ... ... or if that's an amusement park ...


The flight was tough since we had been awake and active for 26 hours, but the exhaustion was worth it when we finally got to our destination.  Despite being so tired, we excitedly watched the cityscape out the bus windows.

Our hotel had kind of a secret entrance that looked vaguely James Bond-like, you had to push the flat panel like a revolving door with no windows.  It was a great place, though! I highly recommend Shibuya Granbell Hotel.  We stayed in the View Bath suite that had two floors, a little patio overlooking the city, and large windows on all sides.  It's one of 4 totally unique rooms, so it felt like our little apartment!

We loved the friendly service and the ultra-mod architecture!  And you get "morning tickets" which are vouchers for breakfast.  You can either get breakfast at the restaurant, or a sweet little cafe next door. (I recommend the cafe - much better)

I'll post pictures of our view next time! 

we loved to stock our little fridge with convenience store food!


After many years of wishing it, so begins my first visit to Japan.  It was so incredibly life-changing, I can't wait to tell you all about it!   Next post // Shibuya at night

Right now I'm wrapping up paintings for a the final show at Gallery 1988 San Francisco, and I'll share those images soon since they are inspired by the honeymoon!  

10 comments:

  1. I was eating those same green tea chocolates today! And that orange water is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to more about your trip so I can live vicariously through you! ;)

    That hotel looks amazing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDEEEE
    must go to that hotel next time
    but that room rate must hve been high..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hotel is so amazing!

    I can't wait to see more posts about Japan and how inspiring it was on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to hear all about your stay! I'm already pining for Japan and I can't wait to go back ;~;

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha! - VeronicaLand! And wow! Your hotel room is the shizz! I love the huge windows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!

    Emma - actually if you book a few months in advance you get a fantastic discount!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I would love to have that place as my apartment! Everything looks gooooddd..

    Oh gosh your name. Hope you didn't have too much trouble with airport security.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS ROOOOOOOM! I'm glad the skies were clear enough for that amazing shit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that staircase picture needs to be incorporated in art IT NEEDS TO BE..might i steal it for graphic design and give you creds? BTW Veronicaland SOUNDS AWESOME..lol i bet is colourful and cartoony with a vintage edge :D

    ReplyDelete