November 9, 2010

Shibuya at night

 
 
 
 
 from our patio


Shibuya was everything I was expecting : young, bright, bustling and very very cool.  We were just a stone's throw away from the JR Shibuya station (which you can see above) and the super popular Center Gai.

Even though it's a super urban area, we couldn't believe how quiet the city is!  Nobody is screaming on a cell phone, cars aren't beeping, there is no yelling or screeching, it was almost eerie!  When a huge crowd is about to engulf you at a crosswalk, not a single person bumps into you.  Amazing

Our hotel was in a nice neighborhood called Sakuragaoka-cho, which was a network of tiny side streets filled with awesome restaurants and apartments.  It was so peaceful and so close to everything, we talked about moving there, although I'm sure the rent is outrageous.  Speaking of restaurants, Japan food up next!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing. Is it all taken with the Nikon or is it film? Very beautiful either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your hotel room view! That's sooo cooooooool!! :DDDDD

    Everything you listed = so true. Even on a normal weekend in Georgetown I'm being pushed off sidewalks & bleach-blonde DC-ites are screaming about shopping LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your view + room looks so nice / awesome! Haha, I can't say I wasn't bumping into everyone when I was there, but that was probably my fault, not any Japanese fault lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quiet polite city? Sounds like an oxymoron at first. Haha.

    Loving your pictures! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!

    The two floors were great but the stairs were cement so I was constantly petrified of falling to my death, haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. its quiet? not what i expected, thought it would be NYC loud....all the time. Chicago gets quiet often...its bizarre when it happens but atleast i can sleep :D

    im so jealous of your beautiful time, but so so so happy for you, it just makes me smile to know that you are so happy and in love XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how amazing your view was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't have Shibuya without Hachiko! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color and textures of these photos, very lovely. :-) I'm surprised to hear that it's relatively quiet there! I have always thought it would be noisy in that 'city who never sleeps' kind of way.

    ReplyDelete