November 5, 2010

Something Borrowed, Something Blue



my florist jumped through hoops to find me these spectacular veronica flowers for "something blue"

The wedding was really spectacular, we were so lucky to have beautiful weather and such wonderful people!  We had a tiny beach wedding (just 16 of us) on Cape Cod Bay in Wellfleet, MA - the wind was ferocious but we didn't mind.



We had Thai food catered and a selection of fall-flavor cupcakes from Sweet of Boston. (mm pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting!)  The Thai food was special to us because it's the same restaurant where Andy and I bonded over our mutual love of exotic food.  We were nervous our families wouldn't be crazy about coconut soup with chili powder, but it was a big hit! The macarons were a lovely gift from San Francisco's famous shop! (Thank you Jan!)
.........................................................

We initially wanted to have the wedding right on the sand, and right past this porch there is a little walk way right down to the water.  But if we did, we would have been crushed to death by waves, so that was that.   When it's high tide, the waves crash up on the rocks that protect the house from erosion.  It's amazing to witness!  The porch was fine with us.

And at low tide (below) the land was so flat it stretched out for a mile, and hundreds and hundreds of little snails were exposed, wriggling back to the grasses...



We are still waiting for the rest of our pictures, sadly.  I haven't seen any except the ones I've taken myself.  But that's alright, they will be like presents when we finally get them.  So on to Japan pictures next!

 the sunset poured in and made everything orange
 ..................................................................................
  ............................................................................

Thanks to the Offbeat Bride for doing a write up about me and Lindsay!  


Or rather, our wedding invitations.  Here are the ones I created for her, and you may have seen the amazing animated wedding announcement Lindsay and Alex made for us!
.............................................................

5 comments:

  1. I don't mind being spammed with your wedding photos. Everything looks so lovely and nice~! I also can't wait your Japan posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing beach wedding! That view is spectacular. You guys love exotic food? I wonder what else you've tried~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful...you make me want to get married in 20 yrs :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spam away! *lives vicariously!*

    I love how you chose who to cater, that's so sweet! And hey, maybe it sounds like you expanded some family member's food world XDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm glad! I just got a few more pictures in last night actually, haha so maybe I'll shove another post in before Japan

    ReplyDelete