November 7, 2010

Vows


"My Dearest Friend,
…should I draw you the picture of my Heart, it would be what I hope you still would Love; tho it contained nothing new; the early possession you obtained there; and the absolute power you have ever maintained over it; leaves not the smallest space unoccupied. I look back to the early days of our acquaintance; and Friendship, as to the days of Love and Innocence; and with an indescribable pleasure I have seen near a score of years roll over our Heads, with an affection heightened and improved by time -- nor have the dreary years of absence in the smallest degree effaced from my mind the Image of the dear untitled man to whom I gave my Heart..."   ~ letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams - 1782
......................................................................................

5 comments:

  1. Did you guys hire a photographer for the whole day or are these photos you & everyone took? Either way they're beyond precious~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - These are my aunt Faith's pictures, actually! She did a great job! All the other previous posts are mine :)

    Jennifer - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning as always Veronica! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you two - all dapper and stylish! ;)

    Lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete