December 29, 2010

Just a blur



You guys, I tried to take pictures of beautiful Christmas lights for you - but this was all I got.  Sorry.



 .......................................
 I hope you guys all had a great holiday, I'm officially in a week of detox for the many weeks of holiday eating (I'm talking about you Halloween + Thanksgiving!)  

Got a lovely Mulberry bag from my mother in law, Italian chocolates and Proto-man (I used to play Mega-man all the time!) suede gloves, Japanese gouache and lots of cute vinyl toys from Andy.

 My dad gave me a cookbook by the Barefoot Contessa (I love her and Nigella Lawson like aunts) and made my first pumpkin pie! It was a success, thanks goodness, but also fairly easy for a beginner like me.

  We had a really nice Christmas Eve party with my in-laws (- hi, Billee! thank you for reading my blog) despite the fact that they moved our party to the break room and a man died in the building while we were eating our bean dip, and they wheeled him past us to the exit.  But hey! that's what happens at a nursing home. 
And it's actually pretty funny when you think about it...


 haha...


 Aaaaanyway - I have lots of projects to tell you about - working on another illustration for Quarto/Quintet Publishing in London, and making some promotional images for Pirates of Mars - more on that stuff soon!

  
Mini-Mini man! a gift from our annual grab


How did he end up here?! Al and Tomoko swear they didn't bring him on their trip home!  MYSTERIOUS....

Speaking of which, Happy Birthday Al! 
My first big brother! well, my only brother!
..........................................

8 comments:

  1. Pretty lights!! and teh food TEH FOOD, looks so good, congrats on the pie I mad my first this year too but the sweet potatoe the revival of the pumpkin pie (this is eggrolls bianca btw im signed in at another email, too lazy to switch out)

    well someone did die, but im sure someone else was born :T

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks so lovely! Merry Christmas! :)

    (PS: If you mix Ice Green acryla gouache with Light Green, it makes the most beautiful color I've ever seen. <3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, Bianca! That's true - what a pithy thing to say

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I like the weird blurry images? I was always fascinated by them. And oh... your presents are so cute! The Mulberry purse is extra gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the light photos! It was like you were in a fast moving train.

    Loving all your gifts - that Mulberry bag is to die for! Hahah~

    The only reason I bought that top because it reminded me of Miumiu, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys!

    I was so excited she found the Mulberry for target bag - they were all out whenever I went!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm I just had those Ghirardeli chocolates yesterday and now I want more.

    Awesome presents and I like your blurry Christmas lights! I can already smell the homemade pumpkin pie~

    ReplyDelete
  8. ITALIAN CHOCOLATESSSSSSSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete