December 31, 2010

Thinking too much

sketching a bit on some down time...

I've been eating chocolate and cookies like crazy this week.  I mean it's kind of scary and pretty sure at some point I'll start having with-drawls and just grab anything that resembles sugar in my cabinets.  So time to toss out the old Splenda packets just to be safe.  But! No harm, since the best way to kill your choco-craving is to gorge yourself until you can't even look at the stuff anymore. [Veronica is NOT A DOCTOR and does NOT recommend you do this]



I've spent lots of time this year thinking about "Things I should be doing".  I should be drawing in this style right now, I should be making X a year right now, I should be pushing my online sales harder.  Putting these stresses on yourself is crazy - and just makes you doubt what you're doing when you're in the moment.

For 2011 I'm going to try harder to be in the moment, be joyful in what I'm doing and where I am right now instead of feeling like I "should" be doing something more important. What would happen if I continued to be dissatisfied with everything for no reason - perpetual worry!  It's not worth it.

If you think too much like me - don't!  We could miss the good things happening right now.

10 comments:

  1. omg I had the exact same thought about my moms coconut butterscotch cookies- Gorge myself and just eat them all at once so I can get them OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colours in that second sketch! And Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really truly love that first image. There's something very emotional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, I'm pretty sure there is more candy than "real food" in my apartment right now.

    I have that problem of over thinking and worrying too. It would be better for me to just do things than worry over them, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking too much is probably my biggest downfall. I'm going to join you in the quest to not always feel like I should be doing something better. We all need our motivation, but when we start criticizing everything it only holds us back.

    I love that sketch! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!!!

    Overthinking things is one of my biggest problems, mostly because I am my number one critic and it's very hard to reach my standards. But you know what they say shoot for the moon and even if you don't reach it, you'll land amongst the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm already have withdrawals from all of this delicious holiday food... x:

    Sometimes you can never think too much and it happens. But remember that continuously fretting over something, will cause you to (maybe) hate the thing you're thinking about! :C

    Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your resolution so much~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree 100% i spent too much of my life in that feeling

    ReplyDelete