December 23, 2010

Yuzu / ゆず/ 柚




painting available right now through Gallery 1988 San Francisco

This is a recent painting I did for the show "Sailing Through Shadows" at G1988SF - you can see it up right now if you are in the area!  I'm always excited when 1988 asks me to participate in a show - can't wait to get out to the West coast some day and see their space!


For my entire Japan trip I had yuzu on the brain - yuzu tea, yuzu bath salts, yuzu throat drops, yuzu sake, yuzu chicken - it was never enough!  So it compelled me to make a piece of a girl picking fruit from a citrus tree.  Here are most of the ゆず things from our Japan trip.

nigori yuzu sake "nigori" is the cloudy variety

Oh! Also - I've labeled all my posts that contain music - [ here ♫ ] in case you'd like to listen to some nice things.

8 comments:

  1. omg I'm blown away yet again. That piece is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your use of blue for the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your illustrations! Especially the details of the lace leggings on the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should try yuzu sake (not the cloudy nigori type).
    it's sooo good on the rocks <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the kind words!

    ADA - yes, nigori sake on the rocks was what actually hooked me on the stuff! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that painting so much, i need to start working overtime so i can buy ALL UR PAINTINGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuzu is amazing! It's hard to get enough of Yuzu flavored things ;)

    Thanks for following my blog! I am in -LOVE- with your illustrations! I can't wait to see more of your work, it is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete