January 29, 2011

Dinner with friends

 a little Rody toy I bought in Kyoto

So life has been hard lately.  We had a loss in the family this week, my plants are dying again and we live like hermits in our studios. We've had one snow storm after another for two months and it just kind of wears you down.  

But when life gets hard like this it makes you realize how important human relationships are. We've been fortunate to have dinner with friends or family quite a bit - and it makes everything good again.

Alex & Buster

Elaine made an amazing spread

10 comments:

  1. we were simultaneously posting! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true - DInner with Vous - always makes it better ;) I'm sorry you guys are going through this difficult time. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that you're spending some wonderful time with friends and family. And the food looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Good food and friends are always great when you're holed up in one spot. :)

    I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the kind words, guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful blog dear! loving this post <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about the passing :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    I can identify with the being a hermit snow in. I want to go outside but it's so cold and both of my boots have sprung leaks! I'm a prisoner in my own home. I think I'm starting to develop a twitch...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope all is okay :) good food and friends always help heal the heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the nice comments :) We're doing okay, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete