January 6, 2011

Funny or Die + Gallery 1988 = Is This Thing On?

It's always exciting when Gallery 1988 contacts me with their art show lists for the year - they come up with the most fun, contemporary pop concepts for their exhibitions.  They asked if I'd like to paint Kids in the Hall for their comedians-appreciation show this January!  Of course!

It was serendipity because I met one of my best childhood friends when she introduced me to them, and even called me at midnight one evening to say she "was back stage and as it turns out, I have the same birthday as Scott (6/12) but that it would be weird to tell him that so I didn't, hope you don't mind"

There are so many fantastic artists in this show - if you are in Los Angeles, check it out!

I hear a lot of famous funny people are supposed to be there!

January 7th, 2011 7pm
IS THIS THING ON?
Gallery 1988: Melrose
7020 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038

www.gallery1988.com


below is my contribution ...


Sadly, seems to be no good version of "These are the Dave's I know" on the web... [here's one]




10 comments:

  1. HEY veronica!

    thanks for you post... i love your blog! Merry christmas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I LOVE kids in the hall!!! I was in love with Dave Foley as a kid after seening him in News Radio (which is funny that I was the only kid in Elementary school that said "The guy from News Radio is in that movie!" when A Bugs Life came out)

    Man, I love your art! This piece is so graphic and vintage looking. You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurl please tell me you will be making prints of that or I will cry forever. I have been a rabid fan of KITH since I was 11! I hope the box set helped <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol cool! i actually like kids in the hall havent watched them in forever! congrats on all the shows recently :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!

    Dorothy - I know right! I liked him and thought Mark McKinney was really great, too

    Lindsay - Don't cry! I'll make you one for funsies

    Bianca - Their funniest skits seem to have been taken off line! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on doing this!

    i've never seen kids in the hall, but looking at the clips, it looks funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of the show before. It does remind me of SNL though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. saw this last night very cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They used to rerun KITH late night on NBC or something Friday nights I think when I was a teen & I'd watch it :P

    ReplyDelete