January 23, 2011

Super Color

I recently wrapped up a 16 Candles painting for Gallery 1988's upcoming "Tribute to John Hughes" show this February. It was really fun to go through pics of Molly Ringwald in 80's clothes - (she's so stylish in all those movies)  But I was really more inspired by some of these artists:

hibari foden

betsy walton

PCP
Great stuff, right?  I love their work : )




Using Acryla gouache on the under-painting.  *I highly recommend this brand!




Speaking of ridiculous colors, here are some photobooth snaps of me and my friend Yuka from our Japan trip.  My first time taking purikura : )

6 comments:

  1. OMG you and Yuka are so CUTE! Those photos are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR PURI SO CUUUTE!! XOOOO

    I need some florescent in my life, especially in the dead of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I really like your bottom right one.

    Still have never taken purikura pictures yet, even though there's so machines in San Francisco that I always forget to check out when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR PURI IS SO TOTALLY CUTE!!! X) X)

    d'awwwww

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that stuff is totally lovable...

    I HATE MY ART *sobs* where do you get your gouaches?

    ReplyDelete